What dog should I get? Do the test and find out.
1 – How much time would you have to your dog?
- A lot. I want to take him to the garden and play for hours.
- I can schedule some time to training and exercising with my future dog.
- I don’t have a lot of time to exercise, indeed. I’ll do my best to get some.
2 – Do you like outdoor activities like jogging?
- I love to jog, even if it’s raining, and I would like to take my dog with me.
- I like to jog sometimes, but I like to do it alone and I don’t want to take my dog with me every time I go to jog.
- I like to be at home.
3 – Would you mind if your dog sheds a lot?
- Not really, I can comb him regularly.
- It would bother me if there is tons of fur balls around the house.
4 – Do you have a garden?
- I have a little garden.
- I have a big fenced garden.
5 – How is your living space?
- I have a small house
- I have a medium house, but there is a garden.
- I have a big house and a big garden.
6 – Why do you want a dog?
- I want an energetic dog to exercise and play with the family.
- I want a dog that has some energy but not too much.
- I want a calm dog who prefers to be stay with me at home while I rest.
7 – What do you most like in a dog?
- A strong and loving dog that enjoys going to the beach and run.
- A funny and sociable dog.
- A calm dog that likes petting.
And the winner is…
You are an energetic person and you like to go for a run and enjoy nature. Your house is not very big and it doesn’t have a garden, so you will have to take your dog to exercise outdoors. And that’s ok! In fact, you prefer energetic dogs and you want to take your dog with you on your adventures. Ideal choice: a small or medium size dog that is energetic, like: Border Collie, Bichon Frisé, Chihuahua, Maltese.
Most of b)
Sometimes you are busy and you don’t always have the needed time to exercise. But do you have a little garden that can be helpful when you don’t have a lot of time to exercise your dog – you may allow him to go there – and your house has some inner space. You prefer a dog that has some energy but not too much. The ideal dog is a medium, perhaps big, sociable dog who likes to be with people and that not require lots of exercise.
Ideal choice: Bloodhound, Beagle, German Shepherd.
Most of c)
You don’t have much time to exercise and you like to be at home. But if you have a big house and a big garden that you can use to allow your dog to do some exercise. The best choice is a calm, loving dog. You can have a big dog as along as he doesn’t need a lot of exercise. It’s not a good idea to get a puppy because they require a lot of exercise.
Ideal choice: Basset hound, Bulldog, Great Dane, Saluki.